New Jersey beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing wrong with Dutch. It is just not for everyone. If you like it it is a great place. If it's not to your liking go somewhere else.

It has its pluses. It's deep, viz is ok, it's set up for diving, and if you live close by it makes the decision to go easy. I like to dive so I don't mind that there isn't much to see.

I like it. My buddy doesn't. So we don't go.

Diving Dutch Springs is a sanitized / "safe" diving experience... Diving in the ocean or where they dont have AEDs, Lifeguards, lunch stands, warm showers and such seems to make it more fun for me... :)

Dutch is only a 40 minute drive for me, so it's very convenient.

How far away is MacLearie Park for you? To me - it really depends on what type of diver you want to become - vacation, local, different sites, boat, ocean shore, river, sanitized lake or quarry... Each of these use different methods to dive - each has it own sets of hazards and challenges to learn and master.

With the ocean and even a river the sooner you learn the "ropes" - like tides, weather (including rain the previous week), wind direction and wave action the better a diver you will become if that is where you want to dive.

1000 dives in a couple sites or 1000 dives in many sites - which do you think makes a more seasoned diver? That is the crux of the question and that will help you determine how you want to grow as a diver.

There is no right or wrong answer - good luck and if you make it out this way let us know. I am sure we can line up a weekend day to help you get your feet wet in a new site.

There is nothing wrong with Dutch. It is just not for everyone. If you like it it is a great place.

Diving Dutch Springs is a sanitized / "safe" diving experience... Diving in the ocean or where they dont have AEDs, Lifeguards, lunch stands, warm showers and such seems to make it more fun for me... :)

I just like to dive so I don't complain when he says he doesn't want to go. And varying your diving does build your skills.

Mclearie Park NJ (Belmar).......Where is the closest place to park (considering a day of diving in July)? Can you still park in the parking lot by the boat ramp where the no parking signs are--ei., is it just no parking just on the side by the ramp --what about elsewhere in the parking lot? Thanks for any info.

Back
Top Bottom