New Invasive Species at Edmonds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stillhope

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey, did anyone see my article in January's Northwest Dive News? It's about a never before reported invasive species seen at Edmonds Underwater Park, complete with photo.

I wrote this because I thought so many of the articles sounded like the same old thong (oops, I mean thing). Would you like to see more like this, or is it just too lame?

Can you publish the text here? I haven't seen the January issue of NWDN here on the island yet. We have a number of invasives here, as I'm sure there are in the Seattle area, thanks to trans-Pacific trade and shipping. Another wonderful benefit of globalization (or is it homogenization?).

Drbill...
You can check out http://www.nwdivenews.com/ online if you aren't getting it on the island.
K

Thanks... we get it out here but I haven't seen the current issue yet. The one on their web site was the December issue.

oops!
I Think that if you give em a call they will send you a trial 4 month subscription, they used to anyway...or tell them you haven't seen the latest copy...they will probably be happy to send you one.
Nice people at that place.
K

Agree... I met some of them when they were down here on Catalina. I'm sure I'll run into a copy of the January issue soon.

You had me panicked for a moment, I had to run and get my copy- I didn't remember any article about invasive species!
It took a while of browsing to find an article credited to you...
My opinion- it was a good review, what I like to read in a dive debrief- entertaining, yet still inviting to the reader who wasn't there. My only issue was the "alien" theme. I can understand saying that something seemed strange, but I think basing the entire story on the theme seemed like it went on too long.
To non-divers much of this stuff is odd...but to most divers, it is what we look for. I think calling it "alien" is "alienating" your target audience of divers.
But the descriptions of the actual observations were wonderful...
gomi_

Did find it today and read it. Took me a bit to find what the alien reference was to (but I read slowly, I was educated in the States).

Thanks for the comments. I haven't written much non-technical stuff for a long time, so I guess I need more practice before I can earn a name writing science fiction :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom