New Inon D-2000 strobe for Oly C5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr:
Thnx wolverine. Let's hope that I can figure it out using the manual for the d-180. I'd hate to bug all the people in this board just because I can't figure out how to work it (I'll probably still have to do that anyway, not very technical minded)

You can bug me too as I have a D-180 and have been using it for some time.

Just post your questions here, I'm sure no one will mind. Besides, it'll help others who are in the same predicament with the D-2000...

ReyeR:
Just post your questions here, I'm sure no one will mind. Besides, it'll help others who are in the same predicament with the D-2000...

Thank you all for your advice. Downloading the PDF forthe D180 is a good idea. I will contact INON Japan here and ask them if they can swap my Japanese manuals for the English ones and will update the Thread. There is also a company in Singapore that sells these strobes so there may be an option there too.

ReyeR:
Update: Apparently Mark is NOT going to offer the PDF of the English translation online.

Please read this thread on digitaldiver.net: http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=10062
I did the translation but Inon Japan owns the copyright. As soon as this Manual is published I'm sure it will be distributed to the Authorized Inon representatives in each region. If your region does not have a representative - check here: http://www.inon.co.jp/INON_WORLD.html
then you should contact Inon Japan directly: info@inon.co.jp

I work at Inon America, which just covers North, Central and South America. We do not have right to post this manual as .pdf. Instead, until the official manual is published, we are supporting customers in our territory with a "Quick Start Guide", a condensed version just covering the essential basics.

The D-2000 is really easy to use. You can refer to the D-180 manual here http://www.inonamerica.com/doc.html and be able to set up and operate everything except S-TTL, which is the only different flash mode between these two models. In the meantime, thanks to those current D-2000 users here who have offered their support explaining S-TTL to new users.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
-Mark Rupert
Inon America, Inc.

Thanks Mark for clarifying that. I realise that the wording in my post might be interpreted incorrectly - for that I apologize. Just for the record no one is blaming you (or Ryan or any Inon dealer) for the predicament. I hope Inon Japan will re-consider this and realise that they are potentially creating a lot of unhappy customers through this policy.

I'd love to hear more feedback here and elsewhere in the forum on your experiences with the D-2000 in S-TTL. It seems people have gotten great results with the D-180. Did anyone order directly through the Inonamerica site? Is this a linked storefront to another US dealer, or does Inon America ship from Minnesota?

Mark Rupert:
I did the translation but Inon Japan owns the copyright ... until the official manual is published, we are supporting customers in our territory with a "Quick Start Guide", a condensed version just covering the essential basics.
Hi Mark,

am I getting this right, Inon delivers the strobes without a (understandable) manual? :11:
They are aware that Japanese is mostly spoken in Japan, right?

Pardon my sarcasm, but I was lokking at that strobe as it works with my camera. If Inon doesn't even bother with a manual it gets me worried if they bother at all ... .

Currently, we (Inon America) do not receive the strobe from Japan with an English Manual.

I translated a Quick Start Guide, with all the basic essentials, and we ship the strobe with that for now.

I also translated the full Manual (over 90 pages :lick: ) which is at Inon Japan now for layout and printing. When it is done the strobes we ship out will have the official version, and we will send a full version to everyone who is using the Quick Start Guide in the meantime.

Problem was I did not get the Japanese version until a couple days after the strobe started selling in Japan, so there was a time lag. Inon America is trying to be a pragmatic as possible about this, and provide the best service we can, under the circumstances.

Best regards,
-Mark Rupert
Inon America, Inc.

caveseeker7:
Hi Mark,

am I getting this right, Inon delivers the strobes without a (understandable) manual? :11:
They are aware that Japanese is mostly spoken in Japan, right?

Pardon my sarcasm, but I was lokking at that strobe as it works with my camera. If Inon doesn't even bother with a manual it gets me worried if they bother at all ... .

I appreciate the reply.

The strobe setup for the Sonys shown at DEMA looks too perfect to pass up, and I'm glad to see you're trying your best.

Best wishes
Stefan

Back
Top Bottom