New in town...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoreSunLessRain

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi All,

I'm going to be moving down to St. Pete in April so I figured I'd hop on the board and start getting to know some folks so I have buddies once I get there. I'd love to learn about some of the sites there as well, so if anyone has some nice maps feel free to send them my way. I'm an instructor up here in Seattle and can't wait to get to warmer water diving. Currently 41 degrees in the Puget Sound, so even though temps are cold for your standards it's going to be a nice change for me. If there are any other instructors checking this post out, I'm more than willing to DM or AI for you as well to help me learn the area better. As long as I'm diving, life is good for me! Anyway, looking forward to meeting some new dive buddies. See you in the sunshine soon!
14.gif

Hey, welcome (almost). I'm a Pacific Northwesterner, lived in Seattle until I was 4, then moved to Corvallis, OR where I grew up, then Eugene to go to school. Moved to Tampa a few years ago and started diving last year (since coming from someplace that has mountains, I don't find Florida above water all that interesting). As a relative newb, I can't tell you all that much, but there's OK diving in the gulf, particularly as the water warms (although compared to the Puget Sound it's all going to be relatively warm). Lots of good stuff on the Atlantic side, Jupiter, West Palm, etc., 3 - 4 hours drive away. Haven't done the Keys yet, but Key Largo is the first week of April. Then there's the fresh water -- just looking at cave diving video gave me the heebee jeebees, but then I took Cavern and my instructor took me in to a couple of caves, and now I'm planning for the whole cave certification route; just have to figure out how to afford it (whole new set of gear, with things like $800 lights).

What agency are you an instructor for? We are looking at maybe adding an instructor to the staff. When you get in town you should come by and see us and do some diving.
Scuba Haven
1805 E fowler ave
Tampa FL 33612

Thanks for the replies folks. Sam - I'm an MSDT with PADI. I'll be sure to stop in and check out your shop when I get down there. Can't wait to get there. I did an AOW class last weekend and water temps were a balmy 40 degress with snow blowing during the SI. Good times.

we are a naui store but the owner was a pasi instructor before he crossed over years ago. Dont want to date him but his pasi instructor # is 3 digits.
Water temp is 68 in the gulf today, warming back up

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom