New in South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, in West Palm Beach ( I think its exit 55 off of I-95) you go down Blue Heron Blvd, cross over the bridge, on the left as you cross the bridge there is a park (Phile Foster Park). Turn into the park and head west to the end of the parking lot where the remains of the old bridge is. Park anywhere over there and gear up. There is a ramp with some sand, enter here and head west in the water. Don't go into the boat channel cuz you might get run over. If you get into water that is over 16' deep you have gone too far. Turn around and head back towards where you entered the water and weave in and out of the bridge pillons on the new bridge. Don't go under the old bridge part when fisherman are around, but I hear there is alot of good stuff under it, but lots of old fishing line down there, so becareful.

You should start your dive 1/2 hour before high tide and end your dive 1/2 hour after high tide or else the current will be too much for you and you will end up getting sucked thu the intercoastal, out the inlet, and off to sea! So you have at least 60 mins of good bottom time here. Lots of macro life for those of you with cameras.

Hope this is enough info for you. Oh and don't forget your diver's down flag, its the law.

Take it from and ole' Fla. boy,(who happens to be up north right now for family reasons, spending a fortune to dive now!), That Fla. is perfect for resident divers!:) , and your very close to some of the best diving the state offers. And the best part is, you can drive a relatively short distance in various directions, while alot of us must fly to enjoy warm water destinations. Although, I've never dived West Palm, Though I have several others not to far, both salt and fresh. I'm from Clearwater Beach, which you can shore dive many places, (too numerous to list all), for just the cost of air/tanks. I've also enjoyed Ft. Lauderdale, with many reefs and wrecks. I recommend; PRO DIVE, for boat dives, very professional with a 65' great boat. I don't know what you consider pricey, but I found them very reasonable. check out their site; www. prodive.com. Not to mention the Keys, where there is a myriad of sites. Save money by staying away from the large resorts, for the family ma & pa places, and you can get some deals, either just for the day or pkg. deals. Well I'm rambling now, so just do a little research and you'll find ways to save $$ in Fla. and enjoy some great diving!

Welcome to the board::)

Hay Kbedk,

See, there are more South Florida divers here. :) I've lived here for about 4 years this time, second time in South FLA. I'm a bit further south then you though in Ft. Lauderdale. Looks like the rain has finally let up a bit and the vis has cleared as well. If you plan on comming down this way some time drop me a line and I can give you some info the shops and wrecks around here, and if you like wreck diving we have some of the best.

Dive safe,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom