New Housing from Sony for full Rx100 Line, Anyone tried it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The camera lens are not simple pieces of glass. They are always convex or concave and then when they work in groups their centers need to collide to prevent distortion of the captured images. The question, I think, is that in the case of RX100 I and II, the wet lenses can be mounted, but in fact there is no guarantee that the picture did not come out heavily distorted.
Sony can not prove his housing with all lenses on the market and can only warn of the problem buyers (in a very discrete manner I would say ...).
However it is that each lens is optically different from the other (some more and some less convex or concave) and then only direct evidence can give a correct answer to the problem.
I personally was interested in taking the Sony housing but based on what has been said I do not want to risk find myself dealing with an object that may not fully satisfy me.
My two cents

Last edited:
Just got my new Sony housing.It is really well made and the double seal clinched the deal for me. I also like the idea for keeping the housing if I upgrade to V model.
The port lens is not ordinary glass and is coated lens which makes it nice and they do include the lens cap to protect it.
I dont think the lens being off center in the port will be a big issue with macro wet lenses but wide angle lenses it may cause vignetting.

Just got my new Sony housing.It is really well made and the double seal clinched the deal for me. I also like the idea for keeping the housing if I upgrade to V model.
The port lens is not ordinary glass and is coated lens which makes it nice and they do include the lens cap to protect it.
I dont think the lens being off center in the port will be a big issue with macro wet lenses but wide angle lenses it may cause vignetting.

Guys,

Just wanted to chime back in. So I went ahead and bought two wet lenses last year, the INON UWL100 and the UCL165. I've used them on the RX100 (original version) in the Maldives and Philippines and they work Great! No issues.

Hopefully this will help others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom