New Halcyon Rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate FB/IG so I’ll Dear Lazyweb here:

MCCR or ECCR?

any idea of price?

I find the GUE move to rebreathers odd. Which principles are they willing to alter, and why? It’s been a bit of a blur the last couple of years: I’m waiting for things to settle…

I’m intrigued to see what a Halcyon CCR looks like, but more why they’re making the choices they are…

MCCR or ECCR?

any idea of price?

I find the GUE move to rebreathers odd. Which principles are they willing to alter, and why? It’s been a bit of a blur the last couple of years: I’m waiting for things to settle…

I’m intrigued to see what a Halcyon CCR looks like, but more why they’re making the choices they are…
1705604923049.gif

Yes, I realize that it is just one picture, but ...

Is that molle?

It does look like PALS webbing.

I am also noticing that all of the fasteners/rings that I can seen seem to be polymer. The O2 cylinder looks like a fiber-wound composite type. I would not be surprised if this was designed for a low magnetic profile ....

Taken together, I would bet that there is likely a version without the blue-glam for folks that would prefer to remain undetected. That could theoretically drive the production many-fold higher, befitting the "recreational" users in quality and cost.

It is fun to speculate at least.

MCCR or ECCR?

any idea of price?

It looks like a clone of the rhino so it will be eCCR probably, but it will be wild if GUE is willing to adopt a ccr with wireless o2 monitoring, but the computer in the photo they show is just that.

Probably worth mentioning that Halcyon does not necessarily equal GUE (yeah, I understand the overlap there). This could simply be a cash flow move as @PfcAJ pointed out on Halcyon's part. Halcyon doesn't really stand to lose here and GUE doesn't by definition have to adopt this unit in an official capacity. But we will see.

Yeah, an eCCR with a wireless controller is an interesting juxtaposition for an organization that is at best not supportive of a deco computer, let alone air-integrated computer… (I mean, I didn’t miss any SOP changes, right?).

And @PEDiver ’s point is valid: Halcyon is not *actually* GUE…. But has there ever been a significant piece of Halcyon equipment that wasn’t accepted by GUE?

Weird.

Truly not trying to be snarky or anti-GUE. Just genuinely confused.

Either way, as someone who is fine with eCCR and dive computers and is interested in a Choptima, I’m quite interested in this, too…. But knowing Halcyon *and* solid state sensor pricing, it’s likely to be way more expensive than I’ll want to pay…

This "Symbios Handset" is also a general purpose dive computer it seems, with the OC diver in the middle of the promo sheet wearing one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom