New guy on the block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichieRich1042

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all. Just wanted to stop in and give my introduction. My name is Rich, I'm 30 from Brooklyn, NY. I was first certified as a PADI Jr. Open Water Diver in Aug. 2000. I am currently a Rescue Diver. I kinda fell out of diving but have been getting back into it slowly and I'd like to start working on either my Master Diver or Divemaster Rating (still a toss up if I want to teach). I have also taken the ERDI Diver/Tender course in the past but haven't used it like I thought I would.

Professionally, I am a former LEO/EMT but currently I work as a Director of Marketing for a Real Estate Advisory firm dealing with only redevelopment projects. I hope to be able to learn a lot from the old salts here.

Rich

Welcome

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. I appreciate it.

Resq...my NJ EMT cards are still active even though I don't use them anymore but I just applied for reciprocity through NYC REMSCO/FDNY and waiting for my number to be called for NYPD.

Welcome!! Past Arizona EMT, and current Rescue Diver/Master Diver here.

Adam

Welcome from a former Yonkersite.

Welcome to the boards and welcome back to diving!

I would say that the Master Diver is good if you wanted to take some specialties anyway and got the card as a side benefit but don't do it just for the card and certification. I'm currently starting my DM because I have some interest in teaching one day but I also think it will make me a better diver and more prepared for diving with others regularly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom