new guy in the PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srounds

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys and gals, I'm new to the site and fairly new to diving. I'm stoked to see what the site is all about. I'll prolly be lurking for the most part but I didn't want to be rude and not introduce myself.

How I got hooked:
Last year I was in Maui for a wedding and thought it'd be fun to do an "intro to scuba" dive with my dad and an instructor. I wasn't sure how my ears would do so I thought before spending the cash on getting certified I'd take it for a test spin first. It went well and I loved it......let's do this!!!! I got certified in July ….so I can dive whenever I go back to Hawaii or somewhere nice.....water temp above 45 degrees. I'm not going to buy anything..... I'll just go when I'm on vacation...….aaaaaaaand a year later I'm well on my way to a full drysuit setup and all the gear. lol.

I'll be back in Maui and then the big island at the end of August. the 2 tank night dive with the manta rays is happening..... I can't believe I get to check that off my bucket list. If anyone else is in Maui and wants to dive the end of August send me a PM.

OR if you're in the PNW and wanna dive message me as well.

Welcome to the board! Don’t forget the great diving and exchange rates on the dollar up here in Victoria!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...funny how that diving addiction comes out of nowhere and grabs you.

Welcome to SB. A great place to hangout during surface intervals. Very friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Welcome! I'll just miss you in Maui; we'll be there something like the 8th-22nd or so.

We're going to be on Maui the 20-27th. Maybe we could dive on 20th in the evening or the 21st in the morning to give you time before you fly out?

Welcome. I'm doing the big Island via liveaboard on the Kona Aggressor boarding 18 August....unless you're on the same trip don't see how that might connect, but I am originally from the PNW; my daughter lives in Mount Vernon, so I'm out there to dive from time to time....

We're going to be on Maui the 20-27th. Maybe we could dive on 20th in the evening or the 21st in the morning to give you time before you fly out?
Maybe so! Not one a night dive there before, but I think I know where there's a good access point. I'll pm you with my contact info.

Back
Top Bottom