New gear purchase.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kd5tjw

New
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a packagedeal from a reputable online dealer(www.1877Scubausa.com), Dacor honors their sells. The package contains, Dacor Eagle Reg, Eagle Octo, Equanox Nitrox Computer(wrist mount), Ehduro Pressure guage and the Dacor Rav BC. I intend to use this for recreational purposes with the possiblity to do some research diving (not much). Conditions are the Gulf of Mexico (salt water) temperature is around 60-80 average. I plan to dive at least a couple times a month at most. Is this a good purchase at $524. or a waste of money. I am just certified and crazy about diving. I need something that is trouble free and will give me years of excellent use with the usual proper maintenance.
Thanks for any replies.

Seems like someone is trying to ditch Dacor products. Yes, the company is extinct.

rescuediver009:
Seems like someone is trying to ditch Dacor products. Yes, the company is extinct.

Huh??? Extinct?? Dacor is by no means extinct. They are now owned by Head Sports - same parent company that owns Mares, and their gear is primairly manufactured in the same factory in Italy. In fact, I was just in contact with their travel coordinator today as they are flying me out to Italy in September to tour their production facilities and meet with the techs and designers to get opinions on what products the company should gear towards in the future. (Yea, I know... my job doesn't suck...)

We are still buying and selling a lot of Dacor equipment - and will keep servicing it as well.

More like Mares or the Parent company has made it very difficult to come by parts. Up here at least,

rescuediver009:
More like Mares or the Parent company has made it very difficult to come by parts. Up here at least,

The only parts issue is for regs that Dacor made before Mares / Head Sports took them over. So yes, old quantums, extreme, etc 1st stages - they don't want to make parts any more... but for the current models - no problem. It would be just like if Ford was going out of business, and GM came in and bought them out. Would they re-tool to make OEM parts for Pinto's?? Probably not the best financial move...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom