New Fusion, don't know if I like the Neck Tite system.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I picked up my new fusion and tried it on this morning. I found the Neck tite system to be pretty restrictive when I cross my arms or to reach back as to reach my valves. Is this only a problem when on the surface? How does everyone else like there Neck tite system? I did find the silicone seals to be very comfortable.

I picked up my new fusion and tried it on this morning. I found the Neck tite system to be pretty restrictive when I cross my arms or to reach back as to reach my valves. Is this only a problem when on the surface? How does everyone else like there Neck tite system? I did find the silicone seals to be very comfortable.

Underwater you will not notice it, but I agree on the surface it is quite restrictive. However the silicon neck seals are a lot more comfortable than the latex ones.

How does everyone else like there Neck tite system?

I had the Si Tec Neck Tite system installed in my Fusion. Ultimately I found it to be unsatisfactory, and I've had it removed and replaced with the original Fusion neck seal.
I'm 5'9", 165lbs, athletic build, and have a L/XL Fusion Sport.

The problem I experienced was that the straps of my Halcyon backplate crossed my shoulders directly over the (11" diameter) plastic ring of the Neck Tite. This caused the BP straps to continually slide outwards on my shoulders which felt uncomfortable and insecure. I also felt like the Neck Tite ring compromised the fit and flexibility of the suit, which is why I bough a Fusion in the first place.

I spoke to Si Tech about this problem. They are aware of it and suggested that the plastic ring should have been "pre-curved" to better fit my shoulders before the ring was installed in the suit. The instructions to do that are shipped with the Neck Tite system, but the shop that did the installation knew nothing about instructions. http://www.sitech.se/files/documents/products/60000/neck tite.pdf

So, in hindsight, I should have tried the Neck Tite at a White's Demo Day before installing it in my own suit. I think for the majority of users the Neck Tite will be satisfactory. But for some of us, depending on individual body shapes and BC being used, the Neck Tite will not work well.

I may try the Neck Tite system again if and when the original neck seal fails. However I will try to do the installation myself and pre-curve the neck ring before gluing it in.

Well I dove the new suit last night and the Neck Tite was not as bad as I thought it would be. I did feel it in the water some but not to bad. I am in love with this suit though it dives like a dream.

Andy. Did you run into the problem previously described where the straps pressed down on the ring?

Andy. Did you run into the problem previously described where the straps pressed down on the ring?

The straps did press down on the ring but it was barley noticeable. If I was to do it over again I would probably forgo the Neck Tite system, I do however like the wrist rings.

Just wait until the day you blow a neck seal and replace it on site. Non of this is untrue, but you get used to it fast and then you don't care anymore.

Back
Top Bottom