New Florida Boating Laws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the update and information.

"New state boating rules that became law on Friday loosen a ban on bow-riding and limit the ability of marine officers to make safety-equipment stops."

Yes, although my vessel is USCG inspected and marked as such, this will be the first time for me to actually pull over law enforcement on the water and request an inspection to acquire my special sticker. :)

I still will not allow bow riding where legs are dangling off my vessel, regardless if it's now legal.

good point.....

I don't know for sure, but I don't believe there was any law preventing inspection even if you had your vessel inspected and displayed the USCG decal. My understanding was that it was more of a display that suggested to a marine authority there was no reason to do a gear check as it was already done, but it did not restrict them as this actual law does.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom