New Fish ID Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got to have this new book -- I already let the wife know. I'm a big fan of John Hoover's older fish ID book. I use it every weekend during and after dives for fish ID and other info. My copy is weathered and worn. I also have the invertebrate book. But, I'll have admit that as far as fish ID info and photos, it's hard to beat Keoki and Yuko Stender's website: Marinelife Photography - Keoki Stender's ID guide for Hawaii, the Indo-Pacific, and more. Keoki has been doing this for over 25 years. If I ever see any type of marine life that I can't ID, all I have to do is ask and he knows the answer. Keoki is undoubtably the number one marine photographer on the island. I was lucky enough to get into a fish ID class taught by him a couple of years ago and now I rarely see a fish now that I can't ID.

Back
Top Bottom