Info New Excursion TechLite Deco Screens (chamber test)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I've gone through all my pix, not just the ones I selected out in the OP.

The "ascent rate" indicator only shows large numbers when I am changing depth; otherwise it is 0 or 1, with the arrows showing variably up or down....so I assume the "noise" level is about +/- 1 ft/sec, and it just wanders around that value.

During my ascents -- which I cannot control well -- the ascent value jumps up...but sometimes shows up, sometimes down.

During a deco stop -- at both 20 ft and at 10 ft -- that segment shows TEMP, not ascent rate. It only displays when TTS is showing, not when DECO or STOP is showing.

The ascent indicator for the NDL display is in a different location and only uses one arrow, not two.

One arrow vs two arrows is an indication of speed.

if it isn't in liquid, it won't properly detect the pressure....

Water does help stabilize the 'vibration' the sensor gets from rapid ascent/descent rates due to imprecise pressure control. I use a watch tester as a pressure pot, and it can also be difficult to reliably go up or down with any precision. It pisses off any computer constantly. lol

What is likely happening is when you close the valve it creates a little back pressure feedback that causes the sensor to pickup a minor shift back the other way. It is not a big deal and is just an artifact of using a pressure pot vs real world application. If you could install a needle valve with extremely low precision (read <1psi control) you would probably get more realistic readings, but it doesn't really seem necessary, just go dive and test for real :wink:

Back
Top Bottom