Info New Excursion TechLite Deco Screens (chamber test)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tursiops The thing you were wondering about is an ascent/descent rate indicator. The one with the double arrows.
1670330371089.png

The 11 with a downward double arrow means 11 ft/s downward? But I just ascended to 46 ft from 106 ft....

@tursiops - you said you can't smoothly control the pressure release (depth change) so I wonder if it is a shock/surge (like a water hammer effect) in your test vessel that is wonking out the sensor?

If the sample time coincided with that action, it could lead to this....

@tursiops The thing you were wondering about is an ascent/descent rate indicator. The one with the double arrows.

I think it would be better for them to switch positions permanently. That way the position of the ascent rate indicator stays constant. Moving screen elements around just doesn't seem like a good idea.

@tursiops - you said you can't smoothly control the pressure (depth) so I wonder if it is a shock/surge (like a water hammer effect) in your test vessel that is wonking out the sensor?

If the sample time coincided with that action, it could lead to this....
Maybe. The ascent indicator for the NDL display is in a different location and only uses one arrow, not two.
Is the computer immersed in liquid ?
No. I forgot to do that.

if it isn't in liquid, it won't properly detect the pressure....

Wow how cool be nice to see the pressure pot
1670333921046.png

Shrader tire valve inlet, needle valve outlet to "ascend." Shutoff valve to avoid leakage so I can stay "at depth." Use a small tire inflator to pump it up. Pressure gauge matches depth shown on computer, i.e. at 106 ft it should be about 62 psi, which is what shows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom