New Equipment Setup - Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gab9479

New
Reaction score
Hello to the scubaboard community.. thanks ahead of time for suggestions!

I'm an advanced open water certfied diver that only dives in two to three - 1 week dive trips to Bonaire (sometimes other places) per year. No cold water. I need help with my new setup (cause I'm done with renting :)

BC - Zeagle Stiletto (Love the low profile and ripcord weights)
Reg - Titan LX
Computer - Aeris Atmos AI (Really want to go air-integrated and download data to PC.)
Octo - ??? What ever is cheapest... assuming I'd stick with an Aqualung.

Any suggestions on alternate equip based on how often I dive?

Many thanks!

What you chosen will serve you well, my only advice is to dive more!

I'm an advanced open water certfied diver that only dives in two to three - 1 week dive trips to Bonaire (sometimes other places) per year. No cold water. I need help with my new setup (cause I'm done with renting :)

Reg - Titan LX
Computer - Aeris Atmos AI (Really want to go air-integrated and download data to PC.)

Many thanks!

If all i was going to to do is warm water,and travel.
I would get all the lightest wt stuff i could find.
Aqualung has that new Mikron reg it looks pretty condensed.
get a lite wt bcd, suunto cobra computer,Force fins.
i would go with an inflater octo device like scuba pro air 2 or Aqualungs version.
or you get the Mikron octo.

You may want to consider getting the LX Supreme, it's environmentaly sealed, and not much more money.

You may also want to consider an alternate air, air source. It eliminates one hose and some of the newer ones disconnect from the BC and stay with your regs, and some allow you to hookup a garden hose to the corregated hose on the BC and flush the inside of the bladder with the garden hose.

Just some food for thought.

Look at the aeris and oceanics models that have dvt. Saltwater is extremely corrosive to regulators, with the dvt you dont have to worry about water getting into the first stage when you unhook the reg from the tank and also when you are rinsing your gear.

Reg - Titan LX

Many thanks!

Stiletto is a fine BC. Excellent construction and packs very well.

Titan LX is an excellent reg. Very reliable, and breathes beyond its price. Service is widely available. The predecessor of the Titan first stage has been in use for at least
30 years.

I am not a fan of AI computers, but if you want one the one you picked is probably as good as any. Just be sure you get a valid warranty.

The AL Calypso-Titan octo is a simple downstream second. Very trouble free and probably the least expensive of the AL's.

My only comment would be to take a second look at the Octo. Some good suggestions have been made for units that combine with your LP inflator. If you decide on a traditional Octo however, remember that in an OOA situation another diver may make a grab for the reg he can see is working- the one you are using! In that case you might end up using your own Octo, so you would want to make sure it is going to deliver for you!!

Look at the aeris and oceanics models that have dvt. Saltwater is extremely corrosive to regulators, with the dvt you dont have to worry about water getting into the first stage when you unhook the reg from the tank and also when you are rinsing your gear.
you can go with a Aqualung Legend supreme And get there ACD system

Reg - Titan LX

Many thanks!

BC - Dive Rite Trans Pac w/ travel wing.
Reg - Atomic T2 Titanium 1st stage, Titanium 2nd Stage. Environ sealed first stage.
Computer - Sherwood Wisdom air integrated w/compass & quick release HP hose and p.c. download software. Spare battery kit. Spare battery hatch.
Octo- Atomic SS1 Titanium Safe Second instead of Octo. If you insist on an Octo go with Atomic Ti2

Only the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom