New England Seal Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porgyhunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Years ago I heard of divers having a great time with seals off plymouth Mass. As I remember, the dive was in late March-early April. Anybody here ever do any of these?

The Isle of Shoals is a great seal dive and I have done it twice. No seals, then some neat ledges and undercuts to explore.

Isle of Sholes always intrigued me. How late do the seals stay?

NH / Maine coast. I think Cape Ann Divers does a couple of seal dive charters each year and I'm sure the other boats out of cape ann do as well. East Coast Divers in Boston have set up several dates for seal dives if your interested.

Thanks S eS.....I wonder if they always come close. Saw one while diving off a jetty on Cape Cod and he took off like a bat outa hades :idk:

I dove the Isle of Shoals a few years with Fran Marcoux a few years ago. It was a great time and I plan on doing it again. One thing to look into is where the boats depart from. I know Cape Ann Divers makes the trip up from Gloucester making it an all day trip while Fran often runs a morning and afternoon trip and you meet the boat there. Not saying either of them are better as I enjoy diving with both charters.

Fran's better.

maybe.... :wink: I really need to get out with him more this year. Come to think of it I haven't dove with him since the Isle of Shoals trip a few years ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom