New drysuit for tec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy_Canuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
possibly looking to replace my scubapro ever tec dry suit. I am a big guy and probably will go custom fitting. Any suggestions are welcome. Reasons for your recommendations will be helpful. Thankx.

You'll probably get a bunch more posts. My experience in Northern Minnesota been diving dry since 1983 with my first DUI CF200 on my third suit now which is a USIA techniflex. personally I due a lot of Solo diving so I prefer self donning front zips. In our water conditions the undergarments are the key factor after testing several I am sold on the 4th Element artic two piece wear. Also there are several suits on the market that don't use metal zippers, on that the jury is still out whether the plastic will hold up in the colder climates. Going from neoprene cuffs and neck collar to silicone I seem to have no leakage due to tendons channeling a little water into the sleeve like I did with the neoprene. Just my two cents worth I think the quality is tops on whichever suit you go with now, and everybody has their personal preference. On a sidebar note Most manufacturers have a wide selection of sizes and you may see a sizing that fits the bill with no pun intended. My last DUI and my USIA are both off the shelf where with my first DUI it had to be custom fit so they've come a long ways and you save a pretty chunk of change. Good luck in your quest.

There are lots of good suits out there. Try calling DRIS, they carry and stock quite a few suits and can help you choose one to best suit your needs. Whatever you decide, For tech diving, make sure to get a suit with large pockets.

The fit is critical. Be willing to pay more for the service of an experienced person fitting you and the store being willing to take responsibility that the suit does in fact fit when you get it. Saving $500 on your suit and having it not fit isn't a savings you want.

Trilam is great, but maybe not in really abusive environments. If your diving involves swimming around razor sharp rusting steel maybe you want something else, like compressed neoprene. Or so I've been told by people who do that. Hopefully the person you are buying it from can discuss your suit needs intelligently with you. If not, then maybe that isn't the right person to buy from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom