New dry suit - repaired

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on the nature of the issue. But you have not given much information on this!

If it is a seam issue then maybe (as stated above) there are issues in manufacture. If it is a clear hole (perforation) then a patch will fix the issue. If it is many pinholes you may have on-going patching issues...

It was/is a seam issue.

It was/is a seam issue.

That would worry me too. Has the repair impacted on the flexibility of the seam? What does the dealer and/or manufacture say? Is there an option to have it replaced? If you dive it can you still take it back?

Seam issue? Of course it's a seam issue. When does a new suit leak right through the fabric? If it does that suit is complete crap.

(Not including zippers and seals, which are important but not the same as the suit)

Last edited:
Does it means so much which manufacturer it is? All suits can fail regardless of brand, and will not hang someone out, I just want to hear what others would do. I'm just nervous that if it does not hold, and when I will sell it, I have to convince a buyer that the suit is dry, because it's quite obvious that it has been leaking. And I would properly not buy a used dry suit, which has been patched.

A brand new product shouldn't have faults, and you shouldn't have to put up with a brand new product with a clear repair - that's called refurbished.

Either demand a new suit, or some of your money back.

If it was repaired by the manufacturer they should have leak tested it after the repair!!

That would worry me too. Has the repair impacted on the flexibility of the seam? What does the dealer and/or manufacture say? Is there an option to have it replaced? If you dive it can you still take it back?

I have not tried it in water yet. Replaced to a new one? I think they refuse to do that. I did not have a choice.

A brand new product shouldn't have faults, and you shouldn't have to put up with a brand new product with a clear repair - that's called refurbished.

Either demand a new suit, or some of your money back.

Yes, that what I would expect too.

Personally I'd say pretty simple solution. If you're that upset about a repair, return the suit and get your money back, then purchase a different brand. Otherwise suck it up, and go dive!

just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom