New Drager Dolphin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solodyver

Reaction score
I just picked up my new Dolphin yesterday :D Early Xmas present.
My classes don't start till December so I won't be assembling the unit till then, However, I was looking at the breathing lungs and inside both of them there is a plastic spiral straw that is zip tied ( panduit ) to the inlets. I'm sure I will find out in class what these are ,but is there anyone that knows what these are for???

Hi Ryan

When descending quickly in water with the unit, it can happen that there is not enough breathing gas in the loop, and the bladders collapse upon themselves. Because of the high humidity within the bladders, the maternal could stick together, disabling the addition of gas. The spirals are a safety feature which prevent this from happening.

;-> gjw

pwfletcher once bubbled...
They go in the margarita ... there should be a lime in the box as well :)
Your CA heritage shows - thanks dude. A good laugh is what I need in the morning. :D

gjw once bubbled...
Hi Ryan

When descending quickly in water with the unit, it can happen that there is not enough breathing gas in the loop, and the bladders collapse upon themselves. Because of the high humidity within the bladders, the maternal could stick together, disabling the addition of gas. The spirals are a safety feature which prevent this from happening.

;-> gjw

Exactly ..... its German farfanuugen engineering for SCR's.:wink:

Seriously though, gjw is right on.

solodyver once bubbled...
I just picked up my new Dolphin yesterday :D ... but is there anyone that knows what these are for???

Aside from being suprised that you actually got your hands on the rig without getting certified first I'm wondering: Did it come with the manual?

If not, the (soda)lime is not really for margaritas ... :rolleyes:

The rig is new and it did include the manual. The unit was in the Drager container completely disassembled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom