New diving related (log book) iPhone App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you are giving a cut or paying an advertising fee to SCUBABOARD for the advertising you are doing.

Safe Diving

Just loaded the app today and was trying to add some dives. It is well laid out and has a lot of potential. I like that i can set up equipment i use as a default and go in and tweak as needed. Its not perfect, but neither is microsoft word...look how long that's been out. I pointed out a few things that might need work in a message to him and he quickly responded that and he'd work on those things to see if they could be improved or not. At least we have that option with this program.

Personally, this forum is for frank discussion among divers and if we can help make products more applicable to us by discussing them here with the developer, I'm all for it.

I hope you are giving a cut or paying an advertising fee to SCUBABOARD for the advertising you are doing.

Safe Diving
Still using the app, I am considering not using it though. I've logged almost 50 dives on it and am discovering that the lack of an export capability is frustrating me. I guess I can take screen captures to save the data, but it's not user friendly. Still lile the function though.

Still using the app, I am considering not using it though. I've logged almost 50 dives on it and am discovering that the lack of an export capability is frustrating me. I guess I can take screen captures to save the data, but it's not user friendly. Still lile the function though.

Export functionality is coming in version 3. I have been slammed with my day job but work is going on. A desktop and android version will also eventually surface.

Export functionality is coming in version 3. I have been slammed with my day job but work is going on. A desktop and android version will also eventually surface.

Cool, even better. I do like the app.

The areas you can touch are about as big as I can make them without completely reorganizing the screen. There is basically zero dead space between the arrows, I would have to space them out even more to enlarge the touch sensitive area. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi,
I downloaded this application a couple of days ago. I have this same issue in regards to having difficulty with some non-numeric fields, and i do have a screen protector.

You may wish to consider breaking down the information into 2-3 pages rather than cram everything into one page, if spacing is a problem

I read that some users complain about exporting. My issue is being able to import. I synchronize my PDC with my pc, and i use this application to record manually between the syncs, but it would be nice to be able to check historical data.

Sugggestions:
1.a) right now you only have input fields for the location and state of the site, but not city (i.e. Spiegel Grove, Florida instead of Spiegel Grove, Key Largo, Florida).
1.b) none of the information related to location (i.e. state, country, coordinates) is available for review.
1.c) maybe its just me but i cannot edit the location either - the same for any field that is non-numeric.
2) Some fields should be chosen as default in the setting (i.e. Country)
3) Fields for the name of dive shop operator and dive boat are missing
4) rename "Activities" to "Dive Type"?

Nice app....I dwnld it and am using it now as opposed to Macdive or any of the other umteen apps I've tried out.

The only thing I'd like to see is what some others have mentioned, an option to set some things as "default" but this is in no way what I would consider to be a must.

Congratulations on a great app !

It is now 5 months later. Any news on the update?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom