New diving advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey I'm chris I'm stationed at fort Bragg nc and I am thinking of gettin my diving certification to get out and active. If anyone has any advice or being a diving mentor in this area I'd appreciate it.

Welcome! Hit me up with any questions you may have. I'm up in the Northeast but I am sure I can
come up with a lot of solutions.

Hi Chris. Back in the late 1980s I too served with the 82nd Airborne Division. In fact, it was while I was at Ft. Bragg that I got my AOW. The instructor was Robert Carr, there in Fayetteville. I don't know if he still has a shop or not. Good luck with your classes when you finally get started. If I can be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to speak up.

Ron Shephard

Welcome to the board Chris. I don't know what shops are in Fayetteville but Sea Duction is in Erwin not too far away and there are seveal good shops in Raleigh. Once you get your cert, there are a bunch of us in the general area who are always willing to dive with new divers. You have an open invitation to join us at the Rolesville quarry (about 45 minutes north of Raleigh) any time you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom