New diver toys at Beaver Lake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pete v:
a dc-3 would be great! have you ever been to mermet springs? they sank a 727 and thats a cool dive!

Haven't yet.. was just reading about it on their website.. I believe I will definitly have to make a trip there. Just a matter of when I want to drive 9 hours each way to do it. Perhaps when I make a trip back home to visit with my mom in KY I can manage to stop on the way to make a dive. That will probably be next year though.

Hello all, We at C&J sports have worked long and hard to build this dive park for All divers to enjoy, So if we might Ask While you are diving the park, Please Leave wrecks where you find them for others to enjoy.

And Starting Spring 2007 C&J Sports and Diver Sixx scuba Tours will be taking out tours of the park and other sites on beaver. http://www.candjsports.com
thank you

That's good to hear you'll be taking out trips.

I am curious, you've actually had people remove wrecks? That's a bunch of work I'd think.

Diver-Sixx:
Hello all, We at C&J sports have worked long and hard to build this dive park for All divers to enjoy, So if we might Ask While you are diving the park, Please Leave wrecks where you find them for others to enjoy.

And Starting Spring 2007 C&J Sports and Diver Sixx scuba Tours will be taking out tours of the park and other sites on beaver. http://www.candjsports.com
thank you

Well it's about time that C&J got on-board (literally)! Welcome to the board and thanks for the goodies at Beaver Lake. They've been so much fun to dive so far. Now if I can ust get myself educated on how to take pics w/ my Canon PS A80 and no strobe in the muckety muck.

I've got a few photos of the foundation taken from the air August of 05 when the lake was way down if anyone would like me to email them - they're a little big to be posting here.

cummings66:
That's good to hear you'll be taking out trips.

I am curious, you've actually had people remove wrecks? That's a bunch of work I'd think.

I talked to Adam for C and J a couple weeks ago. He said that there is a boat missing that they sunk. It would suck if someone stole it. :shakehead

Yea, We have had them moved and the lines cut have had some stuff taken.
we did have an airplane missing but we found it, It was about 100 yds from where it was but we moved it back. I think that is what adam was talking about.

Diver-Sixx:
Yea, We have had them moved and the lines cut have had some stuff taken.
we did have an airplane missing but we found it, It was about 100 yds from where it was but we moved it back. I think that is what adam was talking about.

He said there was a boat that had gone missing, he searched for it, but did not find it. It was by the platform, airplane fuselage, and boat near the dam site.

In any case, it sucks that this stuff gets moved when it is there for everyone.

Last time I was at beaver was around Labor Day, and the line to the bus was cut. We did our best to tie it back on and tie it back to the bouey, but there wasn't enough line left to do so.

Could the water be moving some of the things? I'm amazed at how incosiderate some divers can be if these things truely are being done on purpose.

I plan at being out on Beaver in mid-november... and I'd really like to see the new stuff.

We made it down this weekend, definatly alot of fun things to see.

We found a bouy with a dive line down to the stacked boats in 20-25 feet of water, which had another dive line going off to a line that connected the helicopter to another boat. From there on out it was a circle, a line from the speedboat went by the moped and hit the piper in around 30-35 feet of water. The piper had a line that went over to a bunch of tree's where there were 2 chainsaws hanging in the tree in probably 40-50 feet of water. From there it went along the tree's in 50' of water, and we saw alot of very large fish... and eventually the line led to another plane that was in 50-60 feet of water. The plane went back and connected to the helicopter which was in roughly 20-25' of water connecting the circle.

The water temperature was 57 degree's throughout the entire dive, took maybe 25 minutes to go around the whole circuit, and the vis was absolutely awesome this time of year (20' at least).

The only problem I can see with taking new divers to the area is the bottom is a bit silty and easy to stir up. At the big plane in 50' of water we managed to stir it up enough to make the vis about 3 feet, but that was from chasing fish around and kicking up everything in the process. The giant mass of tree's you go through to get to the plane and the chainsaws might unnverve a few divers as well. All the other toys are out in the open, but most are in areas that are easy to silt out.

Diverdown247, the cordinates you gave put us directly over the stacked boats! Made it very easy to find even when going down off from the bouy and diveline. Thanks!

Will definatly go visit the area again in the spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom