New Diver In Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well sure!! Hang out here in Texas,
like the rest of us don't matter at all.
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!

I need inspiration to revise my stock message. Maybe if I read over may last couple hundred welcoming messages. Hmm. Maybe.
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Welcome PDDiver!
There's a bunch of us in Austin - Check out the message string where we all log in!

CarlisleRE, myself and a couple others dive out of Oak Hill SCUBA, which is just about as far away from you as possible and still be called Austin. Some combination of us are at Lake Travis every couple of weeks with a class or fun dive - If you can catch us - you'd be quite welcome. [I have the class for the first week of Dec - but I'm having second thoughts about taking them to Travis right now!]

Several other divers live and frequent shops on the North side - I meet them at the Annual Lake Cleanup and occaisionally by accident at Windy Point or MAnsfield.

We also have superb diving at Aquarena Springs. It takes a qualification class to get certified to dive there - and then you are to do a volunteer task [not very tasking!] when you do dive - I and several others can tell you abut this, or point to good threads.

So - Welcome to the area & I'll look forward to meeting some time.

Hi Ryan, Welcome to Scubaboard.. and your definately in the right area of the board to meet some wonderful texas folks like yourself.

Welcome to Texas, Ryan.

Regards,

AustinPDDiver:
Hey fellow divers, Im a new diver in the Austin, Tx area. Im actually in Georgetown which is North of Austin, but work in Austin. Would like to hear from local divers!!!

Ryan

Ryan,
I am also a new diver (OW Cert 10-04) and I live in Round Rock. Just starting to get my equipment all together. Maybe we can get together and dive Travis soon.

Welcome, Ryan.
I can vouch that he is a swamper. He dove with us last weekend at Lake Travis.

carlislere:
Welcome, Ryan.
I can vouch that he is a swamper. He dove with us last weekend at Lake Travis.

How was Lake Travis in terms of vis/temp.??

texdiveguy,
Last weekend, the temp bounced between 61-62 degrees. Vis Saturday was 2 feet. I couldn't see my knees! Sunday it was 2-4 in spots. I won't be out there this weekend.

Ron, Ivan Sergi and I were at Mansfield today and the vis was just as bad. I think Ivan has talked me into a -ND- Cortex, so I might be needing a drysuit course!! Vis was 2-4 again, had a moment of vertigo.....very dark past 30-35 ft. Temp was about 62, Ivan saw 59.....Suprisingly, I stayed fairly warm in my ScubaMax 5mil Have a Great XMAS and we'll see ya on the 1st....if not sooner!!

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom