New Diver in Atl, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlightLead, I believe I met you guys before, but I will introduce when and if I see you guys there again. I would love to learn 'Tech' diving but it look VERY expensive.

aren't most gear intensive hobbies? compared to my other hobbies, this one's a bargain! (and its cheaper than marriage let me tell you) :D

Hey thanks Trixx and MMwal.......You ladies have some great underwater pics....that Whale Shark pic , i think , made me change my mind about ' diving with the Sharks'....

Everyone have a productive day,
Ed

aren't most gear intensive hobbies? compared to my other hobbies, this one's a bargain! (and its cheaper than marriage let me tell you) :D
LOL, " cheaper than marriage" I can definitely agree. I've divorce for 4-yrs now and I must agree with you....what course do I need to tech to advance the a 'Tech ' level. I took my classes at Atlanta Scuba...They're GREAT!!!!!

LOL, " cheaper than marriage" I can definitely agree. I've divorce for 4-yrs now and I must agree with you....what course do I need to tech to advance the a 'Tech ' level. I took my classes at Atlanta Scuba...They're GREAT!!!!!
That was suppose to be Take , not 'Tech'

Hey thanks Trixx and MMwal.......You ladies have some great underwater pics....that Whale Shark pic , i think , made me change my mind about ' diving with the Sharks'....

Everyone have a productive day,
Ed

for the good I hope - you really have no worries about swimming with most sharks. I dive with 8 sand bar tigers and sand tigers at the Tennessee Aquarium. It's really a surreal feeling being face to face with them, and I can't help but laugh sometimes.

If you want to get into tech, you will at the least need AOW. But more than that you really need to get out and dive, dive, dive. Get as many different experiences as you can. Ocean, fresh water, currents, etc.... You want to have excellent buoyancy control if you are looking at cavern or cave.

we're having a dive club meeting next Tuesday (July 8th) which starts at 6:30 pm in covington if you're interested. No charge and free food to boot! Joining a dive club is a great way to make new dive buddies too. about 1/2 of us are venturing into the tech realm. Cavern, Adv Nitrox and Rec Trimix.....

safe diving!

Last edited:
for the good I hope - you really have no worries about swimming with most sharks. I dive with 8 sand bar tigers and sand tigers at the Tennessee Aquarium. It's really a surreal feeling being face to face with them, and I can't help but laugh sometimes.

If you want to get into tech, you will at the least need AOW. But more than that you really need to get out and dive, dive, dive. Get as many different experiences as you can. Ocean, fresh water, currents, etc.... You want to have excellent buoyancy control if you are looking at cavern or cave.

we're having a dive club meeting next Tuesday (July 8th) which starts at 6:30 pm in covington if you're interested. No charge and free food to boot! Joining a dive club is a great way to make new dive buddies too. about 1/2 of us are venturing into the tech realm. Cavern, Adv Nitrox and Rec Trimix.....

safe diving!

hey , thanks for the wealth of information. My problem that I have been encountering here is lately MOST dives are like a few hours from where I live, or me from them, so meeting diver in the Atlanta area has been pretty hard. Since I'm still new at Diving, i dont want to dive by myself. I'm currently planning taking a few classes Nitox , buoyancy , advanced diver classess somewhere in Peachtree City. As far as diving with the sharks , it was actually the opposite. ...I live like 45min from White's quarry in hiram/paulding. I'm willing to buddy up whenever possible.

...I live like 45min from White's quarry in hiram/paulding. I'm willing to buddy up whenever possible.

that is one place I don't think I will ever be diving.

It's actually Dive Haven in White, Ga off of HWY 411. There are chicken coups at the top of that hill (note the long grey buildings in the picture). I can not help but believe that when it rains that chicken poo poo water runs down hill into the water..... and besides the viz is almost non existent and it's VERY cold. All I know is a friend went diving there and said his skin burned for several hours after he dove there. Not sure if it was the cold or something in the water that bothered him.

diving alone is not really a good idea (IMHO). even if a diver has a lot of experience. SB is also a good place to get hooked up with buddies so stay tuned......

safe diving!

Last edited:
you're correct Dive Haven is VERY cold. That's where I did my 'Open Water' cert. I enjoy Pelham,AL vis was very good.I went to 100ft and tehe vis was astonishing. Hopefully, I can make the October Fest in Fl and the Peachtree Dive pool party. the SB has been great so far...

Anyone in here heading for Pelham, Blue Water tomorrow (Sunday, the 6th?). Let me know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom