New Diver Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty314

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I will be completing the my Open Water referral course in December 06' in Cabo san Lucas after doing my coursework and pool sections at a Sport Chalet in Los Angeles. Could I get some recommendations for the Open Water course in Cabo. I have read some very good reviews for Manta Diving. Any thoughts??

Marty314

Hi Marty and welcome to a new world. Ya Manta is good but as long as you stick to any of the bigger shops you wil be OK. As for doing your referral in Cabo, Maybe something to think aobut if you can swing it is to get your open water done there in Cali before you go on Vacation. Maybe get your shop to cert you and then you are free to dive when and where you wnat on Vacation. Just my thoughts. When I did mine I went on a dive trip the next week. If I would have done a Referral then I would have spent pretty much the whole trip in class and only gotten one ow dive on my own. Just my thoughts. Either way I am sure you will have fun.
Rob

Marty314:
Hello all,

I will be completing the my Open Water referral course in December 06' in Cabo san Lucas after doing my coursework and pool sections at a Sport Chalet in Los Angeles. Could I get some recommendations for the Open Water course in Cabo. I have read some very good reviews for Manta Diving. Any thoughts??

Marty314

I can totally appreciate why you want to do your open water cert in Cabo instead of Calif. I did my open water in Alaska and surely wished I had done it in Mexico. I dive with Amigos del Mar every time I go there and I did an advanced class with them. The instructor was excellent and really wanted to make sure I knew the material, his name is Danny and he spoke with a little bit of an accent but I could understand everything he said just fine. They have a wide, stable catamaran with a head and Oxygen. The main guy is Kevin and he will answer emails (he also teaches), just check their website for his email address. I haven't dove with Manta. Have fun. Choco

Back
Top Bottom