New Diver From Madison, WI. Don't Ya Know!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liney4

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Last summer I got certified as an Open Water Diver and since then I have been hooked. More like obsessed! I work in the tourism industury as a hotel front desk supervisor and I am now looking to concentrate on diving!

My goal is to become a dive instructor and make a career out of diving. To get to the dive instructor level do you think it is a better idea to take my time and take the proper classes at my own pace or to join a program that offers a few months to get there?

Hope to hear from you folks!

Take your time and learn !! I think you learn the basics from classes and you improve on them from experience. Do research on diving as a career and then decide if it is something you would really like to pursue.

Experience is the best teacher. Do at least 100 dives, get your AOW and Rescue diver, then start the Divemaster program. You will find you are better prepared and have more fun learning. People who slam through the program are rushed and more stressed. Also, taking classes from different people will give you a different perspective and expand your knowledge even more.

With that said, there is a shortage of good instructors out there. By taking your time to learn the right way, and have fun with your training, you will find yourself more marketable.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom