New diver....again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njneer630

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
It's another "newbie" post. My daughter, my fiance and her daughter, and I all just finished our OW cert. They are all new to diving, but I got certified when I was 15 as a Basic Scuba Diver....anyone remember that one? Over the last 28 yrs, I only went diving 8 times. As a kid I never could find a reliable dive partner, same problem as an adult, plus my ex- chickened out of her Discover Scuba class two days before the class and never would give it a try. So I just got to snorkel on our honeymoon in Hawaii instead of dive. sigh
So now I've go my daughter into diving, and have found a new woman who loves it as well. We're getting married this spring at Sandals Dunn's River in Jamaica. Included in their price is two dives per day. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's been diving at this Sandals resort.....or any Sandals I suppose. I'd like to assume that Sandals dive excursions are safely and professionally run, but you know what happens when you assume.
So if anyone has been there, let me know about it. Does a "local" or a divemaster dive with you, or does a boat just drop anchor and put you in the water? Do they give you options on dive sites, i.e. depth, current, difficulty, etc? Do you go as a group? Any info would be appreciated.
We're looking for nice, relaxing dives on a reef, with plenty to see while we're down there. My fiance just wants to relax and see a bunch of coral and fish....and not get eaten by anything bigger than her.

Thanks!

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom