New dive spot in Houston area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I drove out to Hydrosports scuba in Lake jackson today to check out thier project. It was about 35 min from the Sugarland area. The first this I have to say is that the sand pit, soon to be a lake, is HUGE! I did not expect it to be so big. They were working on the store and parking lot, but took the time to show me around and talk about the project. Very impressed with the people I met. The store was nice and they have a good sized indoor pool. I think this will be a great place to dive and teach classes. He talked about he lake and ammenities for the divers and it sounds great. It will be interesting to dive it after seeing it empty. He said they will start filling it at the end of December and it should be ready to dive by the summer. I think it is worth the drive out to see it now with no water.

I've been wonderihng what the time line was. I didn't realize they had the store and pool finished. We need to drive out there to check it out and see how far it is from here.

Thanks for the update, atlas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom