NEW DIVE SITE ! ! - Dive Haven - White, Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be getting there early.

I'll have my canopy set up close or over a table.

Be on the lookout for me.

the K

The Kraken:
I'll be getting there early.

I'll have my canopy set up close or over a table.

Be on the lookout for me.

the K

What time is early? I'll try to be there by about 8:30 or so. I have a longer drive up. Let me know if I need to be there earlier.

Jeremy

I think we will be there around 9 or so. Bringing my gear, scooter, some chairs, camera & some food. You think of anything else?

Should I bring extra gloves?

Smart Butt !!!!

Nah, I think I got gloves !!! :D

I have a pair for my left hand and a pair for my right hand!

My better half will be coming up a little bit later with our grits and groceries.

We can all use the canopy to gear up to stay out of the sun.

the K

The Kraken:
Smart Butt !!!!

Nah, I think I got gloves !!! :D

I have a pair for my left hand and a pair for my right hand!

My better half will be coming up a little bit later with our grits and groceries.

We can all use the canopy to gear up to stay out of the sun.

the K

I'll throw in my ground tarp too.

No Fish:
There is a lot of the quarry to explore in nice warm water. I think I am diving wet. It was really nice the other day. Lots of fish to see too. I don't think I needed my dry suit. The Kraken even tried it sans gloves.......

It was very nice above the thermocline and even a bit below. In this steamy weather I think it is the way to go for my plan.

Toughen up people!!! Who is with me?

I'll be there in a 3.

If you see a guy setting cars on fire to warm up, that's me.

kentley:
I'll be there in a 3.

If you see a guy setting cars on fire to warm up, that's me.

I may consider the same.......

It was good to meet you guys today, now I have a face to go with the names. :wink:

Kraken, sorry we didn't have a chance to say good-bye, I guess you were in the water when we left.

We'll definatley have to do it again.
The Kraken: What lesson did we learn?
:1poke:

After I get a Dry suit.

Oh yea, if anyone found a yellow and Black BC knife, it's mine.

What a grand day for a dive site opening !!!!

The air temp was in the low 80's with a really strong n/w breeze, making suiting up in June somewhat of a pleasure, not a chore!

I don't know what the official count is, but I estimate there must have been about 75 divers out to make the opening.

The Easleys put in a hard week to have everything as ready as possible. They've secured not one, but TWO compressors for the site.

It was a great day for diving !!!

There were divers there that spanned the gamut of diving from OW divers in 3mm shorties to us WWW's in our dry suits - and a couple of sets of doubles were spotted.

There is just so much to be explored in this new site!!!

I hope we can all compile our info and put together a good compendium for this site.

Just FYI, the crane/shovel is marked with a buoy off the north wall of the quarry. It lies at about 35'.

There is an old GM auto resting against the north wall at 20'. The headings between the auto and shovel are 090/270.

Thanks to the Easley family for bringing this dream to life and providing us with an easy to reach and excellent dive site!

The Kraken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom