NEW DIVE SITE ! ! - Dive Haven - White, Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome post. I know I am new here, have read lots but never posted. I was wandering about the water temps and viability. Can someone please inform? I am relatively new to diving, and my girlfriend and I are very excited about this new spot. I do not want to waste a trip if I think we will not be comfortable diving. I am waiting for a day off to dive. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Duncan_V:
Awesome post. I know I am new here, have read lots but never posted. I was wandering about the water temps and viability. Can someone please inform? I am relatively new to diving, and my girlfriend and I are very excited about this new spot. I do not want to waste a trip if I think we will not be comfortable diving. I am waiting for a day off to dive. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I dove in a 3, without a Hood. Fourty feet for 10 minutes was enough for me, but then again, I love warm water.

My Third and Fourth dives averaged 25 feet, and it was great, I just went around the edge of the quary. There is lots to see, espically where there is little nooks and cranny's in the rocks. I had several large Bass and Brim follow me around.

They had a large Thunderstorm come through Friday night, so that reduced visibilty. But the East side was better than the West side. The area around "The Islands" was almost zero Vis. I don't know if it was due to the wind, or the fact that the platform is about a foot above the bottom, and the silt got stirred up.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the dock on the East side. They have a nice stairway going into the water, but to get to the platform, you have to "Duck" to get under the edge of the dock so your first stage won't get caught on the edge of the 2x6's

Been away from the board for way too long, but have been diving..just lurking..

Had a great time on May 21 when I went to the Haven to dive with some buddies. Went with Clif and met up with Susan and Mike, Rob and a few more people that work or hang out at DS stores. While there, I ran into the Kraken (also herfore known as the snake charmer). Charles (No Fish) and a bunch of other people I cant recall names of thanks to CRS...

First dive was Different.... 120 ft and I lost my buddies...near the nearest dock, dropped down the wall with three other buddies and by 120 it was pitch black and their lights vanished. Well.. I looked around a bit..by then I was at the 124 range and later according to my Computers 49 degrees.. I could see the wall but that was it. Had to look at my guages and bubbles to determine which way was up...Yep..that dark.. Most of my night dives I have been able to still see light. I acended and caught up with Mike at about 100 so we swam around for a while in very limited light and when No Deco time ran low ascended to 75 for a few minutes. Max Depth 125, Min temp was 48 and dive time 29 minutes. Vis seemed to be in the 5 ft range max...

Second dive, went with my buddy Justin and swam across to the crane bouy. Decended and messed around on crane and took some photos.. Finally swimming to the Car which we happened upon. I got a few photos, vis in the 6-8 ft range. Max depth 40 , minimum temp on that dive was 55 and the dive lasted about 35 minutes til we swam back across..which took about 10 minutes.

Heard from Clif that vis in one section was 40-50 which I guess would have been in the north eastern area... Not quite sure.
I have some photos that I can try to post later!!

Happy diving....!!

Hoss

Thank you everyone for making Saturday a successfull and fun day. We value your opinions and would love to hear from you. We hope to extend our diving family with great new friends during the season and years to come. I am still in trying to get our website to load correctly, so everyone can monitor special events and the progress of our facility. The web address is www.divehavenga.com and our email address is divehaven@divehavenga.com.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Dive Haven:

James & Brenton Easley
Pop & linda
Angie Easley
Cleve Corley
Gene Cook
Scuba Nannie (Sharon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by DiveHavenGa : Today at 07:36 AM.

If you need help with getting web site to work, let me know I could give a helping hand.

DiveHavenGa:
The web address is www.divehavenga.com and our email address is divehaven@divehavenga.com.

The website looks like it will have good potential to it!

Since you're having trouble with stuff.... might consider taking the spaces out of the file names on the links. replace them with dashes (-) or underscores (_) or nothing. It'll make linking better and also make it easier for folks to pass along (email) certain links).

Does anyone know if I can find a buddy at Dive Haven if i just show up? Can I solo?
I would like to go this weekend.

Visited Dive Haven today for the first time, and was very pleasantly suprised. Beautiful area, easy to get to (compared to Blue Water or Loch Low Minn), lots of room, picnic tables, platforms (and more on the way), and the Easley family were extremely hospitable.

My wife and I dove the perimeter, max depth on the dive was about 45 feet (but averaged about 25). Average viz varied from 3 to 15 feet (however, I think the water was stilled a bit stirred up from the storms yesterday). We hit the first thermocline at about 18 to 20 feet.

We brought the kids, and they had a blast snorkeling and exploring. It has more of a lush lake feel, then a quarry. The Easleys are obviously working hard to add a number of platforms, and have plans for doing much more, including adding white sand for the kids to swim/snorkel, night dives, camping facilities, etc.

This will undoubtedly become our favorite local dive spot, to keep tuned. It's convenient, inviting, and family friendly. All the scuba dogs in the Atlanta area should definitely check it out.

-Barry

BKP:
Visited Dive Haven today for the first time, and was very pleasantly suprised. Beautiful area, easy to get to (compared to Blue Water or Loch Low Minn), lots of room, picnic tables, platforms (and more on the way), and the Easley family were extremely hospitable.

My wife and I dove the perimeter, max depth on the dive was about 45 feet (but averaged about 25). Average viz varied from 3 to 15 feet (however, I think the water was stilled a bit stirred up from the storms yesterday). We hit the first thermocline at about 18 to 20 feet.

We brought the kids, and they had a blast snorkeling and exploring. It has more of a lush lake feel, then a quarry. The Easleys are obviously working hard to add a number of platforms, and have plans for doing much more, including adding white sand for the kids to swim/snorkel, night dives, camping facilities, etc.

This will undoubtedly become our favorite local dive spot, to keep tuned. It's convenient, inviting, and family friendly. All the scuba dogs in the Atlanta area should definitely check it out.

-Barry

I can't wait to dive there. I drove up last night and it looks great!

Dive Haven is planning a Night Dive/ Camping Weekend August 19-20. Dive pro's (shop employees and instructors are free all weekend) otherwise $50 for the entire weekend including camping. Saturday night Hot Dogs and drinks provided by Dive Haven....
www.divehavenga.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom