New digital SLR photos from Ogden Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful color on the vermilion rockfish! I always enjoy your pictures.

Thanks. So far, I only have 2 control rods matched up in the housing: Shutter release and shutter speed, so I have to preset the aperature and ISO. I set it up to match the output of my flash (another $9 Ikelite underwater flash housing E-bay special). It works, but is fairly limited (most of the pictures are all taken from the same distance). Also, because of the smaller size of the digital sensor, it's hard to find a cheap lens with a wide angle of view. I'm using a Zenitar full-frame fisheye ($120) which gives you 180-degree coverage on a full-frame sensor, but on the cropped-frame digital sensor is only around a 20mm-equivalent. I miss my old film SLR with it's 17mm lens (much wider coverage). -Although I can't complain about the practically unlimited number of pictures I can take on a dive, compared to rationing my clicking like I did with film.

ryanmacneil8448:
what was in the box?
I wasn't ambitious enough to bother looking inside. I'll be pis**d if I find out it was a contest for a 6-month dive vacation or something. The sign on the pole sticking up read something like "the treasure is located at 45 feet along the wall". I assumed it was some kind of treasure hunt thing so people who don't notice marine life can have fun too.

Very nice shots. I need to get over there to dive :)

Nice work Swank. I have to agree with Lynne; the colour on the vermillion rockfish is outstanding.

I had a great dive there yesterday. We spotted a huge GPO, a stubby squid and a pair of kelp crabs fighting. Vis was decent too.

SeanQ:
Nice work Swank. I have to agree with Lynne; the colour on the vermillion rockfish is outstanding.

I had a great dive there yesterday. We spotted a huge GPO, a stubby squid and a pair of kelp crabs fighting. Vis was decent too.
To me those Vermilion rockfish colours almost seem to be too saturated. It almost looks artificial. I can't blame the photo developers anymore though. These pictures came straight out of the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom