New cruise boat pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the Calica limestone quarry and Xel Ha are still part of Cozumel. When the Solidaridad municipality (Playa del Carmen) was carved out the Cozumel municipality they retain those two mainland sites
The island locals need the barges to land at their piers so they can do some business with the barge people. The barge companies try to control those people by lying about the risks of traveling or doing business other than their partner shops on the island, but the island economy does benefit. I wish they'd never return and the island's artificial economical need for them was restructured, but that's not at all likely. Sadly, the controllers will sacrifice ecology to promote business.

Sadly, the controllers will sacrifice ecology to promote business.
I agree with you but if you look at the decline of the Northern Gulf of Mexico ecosystem and the wanton depletion of the Ogallala aquifer, we lack the moral high ground until we are willing to rein in US agriculture. Similar situation in the Amazon basin which is the rocket fuel to the Sargasso problems in the Carib.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom