New Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rahab

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone recommend a new computer? My DM told me the other day that my old reliable Matrix should be put on the shelf with my double hose regulator and Seahunt flippers. Uggg.

I like something simple and easy to read with unfortunately BIG FONT as it seems its getting harder to read the smaller letters.

Should be set up for Mixed gases also and perhaps air integrated.

Wrist or console mounted?

Also would prefer not to take out a second mortgage or dip in to the Galapagos trip fund. Perhaps someone out there has retired from diving and wants to see their computer used and go to a good cause,,,,, like me....R

• 04.gif

Well, I would not go wireless due to the problems those types of units have maintaining a solid connection with the sending unit. Some people love their wireless computers saying they have never had a problem. And there are others who are on the other side of that spectrum. Personally, I would go with a hosed computer with a quick detach fitting if I were to buy one today. There are some many options today it can get overwhelming. So take a look at this link for some additional research. B.

Dive Computer Training

I bought an Oceanic Veo 2.0 as it had the largest digits available in the price range I was looking (< 200€) three years ago. Today I would go for a OLED display (although they are really expensive) and keep the Veo as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom