New computer purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Historically the answer is always petrel, perdix, and teric (though I personally wouldn't recommend it as a primary). But now with the peregrine being a decent price that's the way people should go if they're not planning to do trimix ever.
I would avoid Suunto with their conservancy or any other brand with a proprietary algorithm.

Edit: I just looked up prices on new Suunto's (I haven't looked at them in years). At those prices, the peregrine should be a no brainer.
Pricing on both are different in Europe. The Peregrine doesnt have a compass, bummer. I did every dive availabe on a livaboard trip, 24 in 5 days, then 1 the next morning using a Suunto as my primary. I have also done 90 to 100" dives back to back with 1.5 - 1.75 hr SI using a Suunto, no issues. Sure more conservative than some computers, but is that a bad thing?

I have also done 90 to 100" dives back to back with 1.5 - 1.75 hr SI using a Suunto, no issues. Sure more conservative than some computers, but is that a bad thing?

It's not necessarily a good thing either, but if you can do 1.5 hr SIs you shouldn't have any problems with "conservatism" anyway.

I've had a Eon Core for a little over a year now, and have really enjoyed it. It's worked flawlessly, the menu is quite easy to use, and I really like the larger numbers and color graphics. As I've gotten older I wanted something easier to read in all types of light conditions. I've never had a issue with the tank pod it always pairs right up like it's supposed to. I also like the compass feature, it's one of the better ones I've seen on a wrist computer.

I bought my daughter the D5 this year and she's enjoying it. The two computers work the same for the most part just with different layouts. She likes the styling of the D5 better and of course it can be worn as a watch if you like. Two of my diving buddies also have the D5 and really like them. The choice between the two really comes down to which style you like better, battery life is very good on both in our experience.

Lots of good stuff on the market right now. The Eon Core and D5 checked all the boxes for us, and it's been a very good experience. Our local shop carries Sunnto so about half of the diver's we typically go with use them and thus far they all seem happy with the new products.

I used a Suunto D9 previously but unfortunately it was stolen some years ago. In the market for similar. Any suggestions. Looked at the Suunto Eon on line. Impressive. Any other suggestions. Thank you. Pat

Hi Pat,

Costa Del Sol is one of my favorite vacation destinations.

The answers here will likely be as varied as there are products available.

Suggest making a list of your immediate needs and your future plans, and match that with a suitable computer.

If your budget is tight, that will likely have to be factored in as well.

Happy hunting,

Rose.

Back
Top Bottom