New coltri MCH3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

windyairman

Contributor
Reaction score
Any one out there got one ?
Do they run ok up to 330bar
Have you got a parts manual
Your thoughts on the filter system

According to Nuvair’s website they are good up to 300bar. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the MCH-3 looks to me like a MCH-6 without the 3rd stage. Some of the key components have the same part numbers between the two units so I’m guessing any Coltri dealer can get you parts. My only comment is that the fill rate of 1.1 CFM is pretty slow. Unless you are going to be able to get this very inexpensively, you might be better off going with an MCH6. Good luck

MCH3 High Pressure Compressor

Hi Zider
Thanks for the link
Compressor is for some one that wants to fill small tanks & cant use a mch6 with a gen set for power.
My view is to use a bauer s30 with a filter up grade.
But its all down to cost.

Can't seen anything to recommend about that. Its going to take an hour to fill one al80, then another hour to cool down before you can do another one. The MCH6 with a gas engine is vastly preferred for mobile use.

Filtration is way undersized like it is on all small compressors.

I've got a gas powered MCH6, I wouldn't want to drop to a lower CFM than that....but that's only one man's opinion. (Perfectly happy with the Coltri, though.)

Nuvair mentions airguns first and scuba second for this unit. I have nothing against Coltri/Nuvair (have had nothing but great service from Nuvair when parts are needed, our 18yo MCH-32 is still running strong) seems this is designed more for the hobbyist airgunner than an individual diver, especially with the 1.1 scfm fill rate.

Parts list for mch-3
https://www.nuvair.com/manuals/MCH3_parts.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom