New Cleveland area diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amport

Registered
Reaction score
Well after spending many hours lurking I guess it’s my turn to introduce my self.
My wife and I were OW certified June 27 with “Gone to Sea” at the White Star quarry. I live in a southern suburb of Cleveland OH. (Brunswick)
In the month we have been certified we have made 7 logged dives and I feel like I would like to have done at least twice that number. I think I have been bitten by the SCUBA bug and got immediately addicted. My wife likes to dive but is still normal, I feel obsessed with all things diving. I read this forum late at night and some times awake mumbling words like nitrox, twins, back plate and wings, tri mix, DIR, PADI, DIN and the like. I think if I can get more nitrogen in my blood perhaps these symptoms will go away. What do you think? I read several hundred posts from the Great Lakes Wreaking Crew forum and never found out if a membership was needed to participate in their outings. They sound like a great bunch of people. This Friday I hope to go to Gilboa Quarry and to go to Cozumel in a month or so. I feel the short Cleveland summer slipping away and want to dive as much as I can before the snow. Or maybe I will get a dry suit and get ice diver certified ……who knows?

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Amport,

Welcome to the world of diving and to Scubaboard. & to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew. You and your wife are members by default given where you live and dive. Location, Location, Location! Hop into the conversations and join in on the fun.

FYI - there is a thread going on right now about everyone's dive plans for the coming weekend. I know a few people will be at Gilboa, just not when they plan to arrive, etc.
A good way for you to start getting to know people is to post on that thread and hopefully meet up with some wreckers.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Paula

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :azvatar:

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Thanks for the welcome.
I hope to meet Paula, Rob, Jchoby and the rest of the crew some time soon.
Amport
Roy Tidwell

Welcome! The symptoms can subside but you'll never fully recover.

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ....mumble, mumble "DIVING"....ZZZZ.... mumble. mumble "NITROX" ZZZZ..

Back
Top Bottom