New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is Voissem in all of this?

Emilie Voissem also went on to open Nexus Underwater after Add Helium folded. Supposedly they have nothing to do with Add Helium even though they started emailing me as a former Add Helium customer without me signing up for anything. They at least started with Add Helium's customer database that much is certain. I've since unsubscribed.

Emilie Voissem also went on to open Nexus Underwater after Add Helium folded. Supposedly they have nothing to do with Add Helium even though they started emailing me as a former Add Helium customer without me signing up for anything. They at least started with Add Helium's customer database that much is certain. I've since unsubscribed.
You forgot they also got the inventory, the building to work out of, and even the Add Helium web traffic got an auto redirect to Nexus.

My local Mexican restaurant does that all the time. Slight change to the sign outside, *something*bertos. Still the same inside.

So what ever happen to Nexus? That didn't seem to last much longer than a fart in the wind.

Rebreatherworld.com and thedecostop.com were sucked into the black hole as well. Time has stood still at those sites. I checked one the other week and the ads were running for an upcoming TekWeek 2018. Got a laugh out of that.

2 interesting thing 1/ i contacted nexus diving talked to her there , she told me she had nothing to do with peter no stock no e mail list nothing .....and 2/ peters wife was a us army major , a doctor , i cant believe she would have not talked him out of selling to terrorists (potential)... it was obviously not for sport /tech diving they had something else in mind ...........its sad all the way round

2 interesting thing 1/ i contacted nexus diving talked to her there , she told me she had nothing to do with peter no stock no e mail list nothing .....and 2/ peters wife was a us army major , a doctor , i cant believe she would have not talked him out of selling to terrorists (potential)... it was obviously not for sport /tech diving they had something else in mind ...........its sad all the way round

She’s lying. No other way they would have gotten my email to start spamming me without me needing to opt in.

both rebreatherworld and thedecostop were owned by add helium and then by Nexus. She can claim whatever she wants, but the facts speak for themselves. There's no way that she would have gotten those two forums as well as the email distribution *I got emails as well* if she didn't have any ties with add helium

She’s lying. No other way they would have gotten my email to start spamming me without me needing to opt in.
To be fair, there are probably e-mail lists available for purchase from lots of places. Facebook, google, amazon, probably leisurepro and any other website would sell a customer email list. Scubaboard might even do that. I hope not, but you never know.

Edit: eh.. on second thought.. it's a stretch to think she got them from anywhere but addhelium.

both rebreatherworld and thedecostop were owned by add helium and then by Nexus.

AdHelium went bust and its assets were liquidated. The team at AdHelium set up Nexus and bought the "Trade and Assets" from the liquidators. It was by all accounts a completely above board and normal business transaction. Sotis' creditors needed paying and the guys a Nexus could offer them something...

Also, please lets not assume that just because someone is Libyan or a muslim they're a terrorist. There are very very few terrorists in the world (despite what you might see on Fox) and a heck of a lot of muslims and Libyans... People there dive a lot too, and Sotis would have appeared like a good source of equipment. He may also not have known the plan was to export them from Europe to Libya (He might have done, but he might not have done too). Lets let him have his day in court before judgements are passed.

FWIW - I had some great experiences with Emilie and whenever I needed to call on her, she was uber helpful, as were the guys who came over with her to Nexus. I'd be prepared to give the benefit of doubt until its all come out in court.

Scubaboard might even do that.
Why you do this to me, Kel? We have never sold user info before and we never, ever will.

AdHelium went bust and its assets were liquidated. The team at AdHelium set up Nexus and bought the "Trade and Assets" from the liquidators. It was by all accounts a completely above board and normal business transaction. Sotis' creditors needed paying and the guys a Nexus could offer them something...

I'm sure it was all above board, but Emilie came out saying she had no affiliation with Add Helium and that the company had no affiliation with add helium. Sure legally it may have been that way, but when you have an identical website, purchased the distribution list, purchased the assets, AND were a former employee, then that is being quite deceptive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom