New camera required to replace the old one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, here is the story, I had a sealife dc1000 camera with the external strobe up until last year. I hade a new strobe replaced at no cost to me because the original one was faulty , then I get a new spring again without charge for the shutter depressor as I was informed that the one supplied was not adequate. Then a few months later I take just the camera and not the housing on holiday to Canada and drop it in the freezing snow and water ( whilst still in the bag supplied) only for 3 seconds, but due to the extreme cold it malfunctions and does not work. I contacted the company back in the UK and as it was out of warranty they could not replace it, and from the description I told them it was impossible to repair.i have tried to make it work by thoroughly drying it out and recharging but it will not recharge or function at all. So now the only option is a new camera. Several questions.
1. Can I just buy the dc1000 camera without the housing and carry on as normal.
2. Is there any sea life camera which is compatable with the dc1000 housing which I could buy and use.
3. Is there any camera I can use in the sealife dc1000 housing which would be compatible.
4. What other option do I have, i.e. A new camera and what should I be looking at?

Many thanks, John .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom