New bubbler in Mobile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterspryte

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Mobile and am about to complete my checkout dives. Are there anyother members in Mobile that would be willing to buddy up with a novice?

Maybe. I am supposed to do my checkout dives in the springs over there in the next few weeks. Hopefully the water will be warmer soon! :)

I live in Satsuma and have been looking for a new dive buddy to dive with. All of my old dive buddies have either gotten out of diving or have moved away. I haven't been diving in about 6 years, so I'm pretty much a newbie, too. If you want, we can meet up sometime and plan a trip.

Hey waterspryte, There are alot of people on this board from Mobile, They just never talk... We would be happy to welcome a newbie. You doing your OW at vortex? May I ask who you are doing your open water with? Just wondering, I have a friend who is scheduled to go to Vortex in a couple of weeks for his check out dives.

I am doing my certification with Gulf Coast Divers. I was supposed to go this weekend, but I'm not able to, so it will be another few weeks. :cry: We will do them either at Morrison or Vortex, depends on conditions.

I did my OW with them, Bob is probably the best instructor that I have ever had. I think that he really cares what type of diver you turn out to be. Just be very sure to keep up with your buddy, That is the main reason that I have seen him not pass people on their check out dives. Other than that have fun and enjoy it. I might just see you there, I am supposed to go with a friend of mine to do his check out dives with GCD next weekend I believe. Let us know how it goes.

I doubt you know him, His name is Jody, he did all his classes awhile back then had to leave town on work for a while and is now doing class 6 again then his check out dives. If I am not mistaken he is supposed to go this coming weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom