New Brakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a follow up I purchased the full SS disc brake system from UFP Engineering. Brake lines are SS and the new actuater is Galv w/ Zinc Hitch.

Now the actual labor involved was a complete white trash concert of me, my tools, my rig jacked up on my street, a radio playing I swear to g-d almighty ...Stairway to Heaven and of course Freebird g-d bless San Diego's 101.5 KGB for the flashback all I needed to complete the day was a case of Bud and a couple of bong hits ...quit both long ago-however I did polish off a the rest of a 1/5 of Jameson's irish Wiskey. The upside is I saved 800 bucks in labor. Took all of 6 hours start to finish (had to run the 4 yr old over to Chuch-e-Cheese for her school mates birthday party 1 1;2 into the job)...had a pesky mounting bolt on the port side drum brake back plate ...took 30 minutes ..should have used my sawzall. BTW if you can afford one I highly recommend the Panasonic 1/2" combo 15 V impact driver/rotohammer. Believe me when I say that Panasonic by far makes the best battery operated power tools out there ..caution they are extremely expensive (I own an electrical contracting business and issue them to my employees) hands down no other tool comes close in duribility and battery life (both usage charge and extended life).

New system installed effortlessly and will be bleeding the brakes today. Planning on running to the launch this am and testing my work ...if it all goes south I'll be posting a 23' trailer for sale ...

Skull:
BTW if you can afford one I highly recommend the Panasonic 1/2" combo 15 V impact driver/rotohammer. Believe me when I say that Panasonic by far makes the best battery operated power tools out there ..caution they are extremely expensive (I own an electrical contracting business and issue them to my employees) hands down no other tool comes close in duribility and battery life (both usage charge and extended life).

Panasonic EY7540LN2S. 1330 inch-pounds (111 foot-pounds) of torque. $369 from Amazon.

Ingersol-Rand 2135Ti 1/2" Pneumatic Impact Wrench. ONE THOUSAND foot-pounds of torque. $299.99 from Northern Tool. Worth every penny. Paid for itself on the first
job.

No substitute for air power. Can be run from a SCUBA tank.

Nice ..just tough having my guys lugging a scuba tank in the back of their trucks ...besides they might sneak off and hit the water ...we couldn't have that now ...

Back
Top Bottom