New Boat Dive Operator on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Maui has a new boat dive operation. These dives are not for the faint of heart as they are on the windward (north side) of Maui. This can be a rough area as respects ocean conditions. No other commercial dive boat operates in this area.

I'm just announcing it and don't have any business interests in this operation nor am I being paid in any way for this post.

North Shore Explorers

Looks like a very unique experience. To me, 275 dollars for a single day of diving is well beyond my price range. For less than the price of 4 dives, I could buy a round-trip ticket to Bali! I hope their venture does well!

Sean

I agree with DiveBuddySean. It looks fun, different and what not... but 275$ for a single day of diving is way too much for my blood. I wish them luck and who knows, I might get froggy and come in to some money one day and go out there and check it out.

Gads, $275?? Wow, that's pretty steep, even for Maui!! Hard to tell if it's a full day trip or just 2-tanks....

Thanks for sharing the link though.

I'm pretty sure it's a full day of two-tanks. :)

The boat leaves from Kahului ramp (I believe), then makes its way to the sites.

From what I've heard, the sites it goes to are pretty phenomenal... though, again, not for the faint-of-heart or weak-of-stomach. They guarantee you will get wet both before, during and after your dives. :D

I'm pretty sure it's a full day of two-tanks. :)

The boat leaves from Kahului ramp (I believe), then makes its way to the sites.

From what I've heard, the sites it goes to are pretty phenomenal... though, again, not for the faint-of-heart or weak-of-stomach. They guarantee you will get wet both before, during and after your dives. :D

Yes, the boat leaves from the Kahului Boat Ramp.

We aren't just a standard two tank dive boat though we do that. We also offer and support rebreathers and technical diving. As our client, your dives are tailored to your experience level. From a practical standpoint, it is a semi-private charter as we will run with as few as two and no more that six. The sites we've seen so far have exceeded our expectations but it's exploration of the unknown, inaccessible locations that have been the real thrill.

Back
Top Bottom