New Blacktip setup...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the revival of this. Is there any chance you know the depth rating for these? Not a tech guy and no plans to surpass 130 in the foreseeable future but don't want to kill the compass when scooting at 110.
It's not depth rated because it's not scuba gear, it's kayak gear. That said, mine works as well as Macado's, albeit just at recreational depths.

Sorry for the revival of this. Is there any chance you know the depth rating for these? Not a tech guy and no plans to surpass 130 in the foreseeable future but don't want to kill the compass when scooting at 110.

I’ve seen multiple of these compasses survive beyond 200’. They are quite popular around here.

[Question about compass]

Also, you can take the body of the compass out of that kayak deck holder that it comes in, and then put it on some kind of mount. There are one or two plans on here somewhere for 3-D printable mounts. I’m not talking about the ones for sale that go on the handle, for mounting a little compass, but plans for a larger mount fitting the kayak compass, that stands up off of the tube a little and also have a Gopro mount. That raised-up-a-tad mount may help with decreasing motor interference, although I haven’t had that problem.

Back
Top Bottom