New Balanced Diaphragm First Stages Yoke or DIN - $60 Each

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rigdiver:
RB's don't need much of a reg. Many CCR's with SP MK2's on them. They don't have to work much at all compared to OC.

SP Mk2's are totally inappropriate for KISS use. Depending on the orifice size, you may need a IP of 200 if you want some depth.

DepthCharge:
SP Mk2's are totally inappropriate for KISS use. Depending on the orifice size, you may need a IP of 200 if you want some depth.

Not familiar with the KISS. What does the PRISM come with as far as regs? I've dove alongside Megs with SP MK 2's well past 200'. What is the depth rating on a KISS vs an Inspo, Meg, or PRISM?

YBOD and MEG Pilot;
Bill

rigdiver:
Not familiar with the KISS. What does the PRISM come with as far as regs? I've dove alongside Megs with SP MK 2's well past 200'. What is the depth rating on a KISS vs an Inspo, Meg, or PRISM?

YBOD and MEG Pilot;
Bill

If you're a YBOD or a MEG diver, then I would think you would know something about a KISS:confused: . SP MK2's are fine for an ECCR. MK15xx used POS Sherwoods for their regs. KISS regs are non-depth compensating. Some have used KISS's to 300+ ft

This is way off topic. I am Insp and Meg cert. and know very little about a KISS because I have not been around them much. HMMM pos sherwoods on a Mk series. Like I said a RB does not need much of a reg. I checked the KISS site after my previous post and the Classic KISS is rated for like 250' and the sport 165'. I'll stick with my Inspo till APECS 3.o gets here. And best of luck to all manual CCR divers be they KISS or others. Have a nice day.

rigdiver:
This is way off topic. I am Insp and Meg cert. and know very little about a KISS because I have not been around them much. HMMM pos sherwoods on a Mk series. Like I said a RB does not need much of a reg. I checked the KISS site after my previous post and the Classic KISS is rated for like 250' and the sport 165'. I'll stick with my Inspo till APECS 3.o gets here. And best of luck to all manual CCR divers be they KISS or others. Have a nice day.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Guess I was thinking about myself. I looked at all available options when I went RB, just thought most people would. Only two that were delivering at that time were the Inspo and KISS. I went with an Inspo, now looking for something better.

i got mine in today and i noticed that its harder to breath on it than my mares mr12 reg. is there a way to adjust it? or does it adjust by itself at depths?

Bruce3:
i got mine in today and i noticed that its harder to breath on it than my mares mr12 reg. is there a way to adjust it? or does it adjust by itself at depths?

The first stage will adjust with depth like any 1st stage. What are you using as a second stage? Get an IP guage and check the pressure. That can always be tweaked but if it's in normal range it shouldn't need to be. I'm going to check mine now just because.

Bruce3:
im using a mares proton for a 2nd how much do IP gauges cost?

About $30.00. They're a great tool to keep an eye on the condition of your 1st stage. If your IP starts to "creep" it's a good indicator your HP seat could be failing and it's time for a rebuild. Get one with a fitting to hookup to your BC's lp inflator hose. Also get Vance Harlows' regulator book.

Back
Top Bottom