New Atomic Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As TechAdmin posted in the DEMA forum, Atomic Aquatics introduced two new masks -- the Frameless and SubFrameless. The pics I took weren't very good, so Atomic was nice enough to send us some photos. I know that masks are masks, but there definitely have some 'cool factor'.

More importantly, the frameless skirts seemed very soft and pliable -- easily stowable for a backup mask. Both have new optics which were visibly thicker and clearer than other masks. I saw no distortion at all above water. The proof will come in the water. I hope to be able to give you some feedback in the not too distant future.

Frameless
AA_Frameless.gif

Subframe
AA_Subframe4x.gif

I must say Otter that these masks look really impressive.
Especially from a design/visual standpoint, let us know how they perform at depth :).
I've been toying with the idea of replacing my Dacor Mystere mask eventually.

at the S. Florida Dive Show. It was the most comfortable mask I've ever worn, of course, it was dry. The field of vision was huge. The rep said they would be on the market in Jan. 06. I went back just before the show ended to see if he would sell me the floor model, but he said it's a prototype and can't be sold. I'm buying one as soon as they're available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom