New Aqualung Mikron Reg System...B23k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not Tusa which is Japanese brand.

About TUSA

Silly me! Completely forgot Japan also produced their own brands of scuba equipment! Quite expensive as well.
My bad there...I always thought they were Taiwanese. I guess that explains their high quality...love my Tusa splits; 15 years and still going strong.

No big deal.

But I should had remembered that Japan also made scuba equipment. Because I had met plenty of them and the female divers always prefer the multi-coloured wet suit as well as sharp colour fins and regs. Not sure if they ever produce black fin for female diver!
Pink or white are their favourite(my own observation).

How much is the Legend package?
You should ask them to include i300 as a complete package?
Reg bag necessary? You have to remove all the hoses first! You can easily pick up similar size bag in Thailand for at least half the price!

Why would one have to remove hoses to use a reg bag?

-Z

No big deal.

But I should had remembered that Japan also made scuba equipment. Because I had met plenty of them and the female divers always prefer the multi-coloured wet suit as well as sharp colour fins and regs. Not sure if they ever produce black fin for female diver!
Pink or white are their favourite(my own observation).
There is a shop called Dive Space, just down from my resort in Chalong, that specializes in Japanese gear. I stopped in and didn't recognize any of the brands (but lots of pink and white). I asked the sales gal if the owner was Japanese and she said "No...Korean." Go figure

PS: All the gear was very expensive.

-Z
He said he's a technical diver...so maybe his first stage and long hoses don't fit a standard reg bag.

because the bag is too small

Diving Equipment Manufacturer-Diving Regulator,Diving Accessory and Scuba Diving Equipment

And there are few more!

Why so many divers want to dive in SE Asia. You should know the answer!!! One of the BEST eg. The Coral Triangle

Yeah how about that link, check these out where's @David Wilson

full

Pity those countries can't afford to kick out half the western travelers back to their own coral triangles

-Z

Remove all the hoses from the 1st stage then you can pack everything neat and tidy in a much reduced volume!
You do not have to take my word for it. Try it.

A lot of airlines has restriction on number of bags allowed on board as check-in or hand carry. The extra bulky reg bag could be problematic.

I am pretty sure the question on removing the hoses have been asked in SB previously.

I am going to take your advice and move on.

Cheers

They all came in various sizes. Therefore not all of them can accommodation a complete set of reg with all the trimming.
Remove all the hoses from the 1st stage then you can pack everything neat and tidy in a much reduced volume.
You do not have to take my word for it. Try it.
The Mikron fits nicely in the branded AL provided carrying case...maybe they measured the hoses. The Mikron came with light and flexible braided 2nd and Octo hoses too.

because the bag is too small

Yeah how about that link, check these out where's @David Wilson

full

Pity those countries can't afford to kick out half the western travelers back to their own coral triangles

My research interests lie in fins, masks, snorkels, suits. A few Taiwan, Korea and Japan basic diving equipment brands:

Republic of China (Taiwan) brands, past and present:
Aropec
CDMax
East Phoenix
Go-2-Sea
IST Sports
Itada
Kmax
Lung Win
Paragon
Perseidas
Problue