New Apple Watch is a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typical youtuber. He says it does air integration, but in the next sentence says it does not do tank pressure monitoring??? I'll get my dive related info from non youtube fools who don't bother to research a bit in their mad rush to post their videos to get clicks!

This thread has been going on for a long time. I would never buy the Apple Watch Ultra and the Oceanic+ app for my dive computer. I can get the Oceanic Geo Air and transmitter for $800. Great computer with air integration. The transmitter is compatible with Shearwater computers and will be replaced, out of warrranty, for just $120 by Oceanic/Huish.

There’s always options and that’s the beauty of life as long they exist they will fill as many needs we have. And some of them will be with an Apple Watch. Success sometime comes with opportunities and learnings, we will see how this develops in to the future.

Typical youtuber. He says it does air integration, but in the next sentence says it does not do tank pressure monitoring??? I'll get my dive related info from non youtube fools who don't bother to research a bit in their mad rush to post their videos to get clicks!
He said it wasn’t his strong area and brought in a diver to discuss more at length . Seems reasonable.

This thread has been going on for a long time. I would never buy the Apple Watch Ultra and the Oceanic+ app for my dive computer. I can get the Oceanic Geo Air and transmitter for $800. Great computer with air integration. The transmitter is compatible with Shearwater computers and will be replaced, out of warrranty, for just $120 by Oceanic/Huish.
I use a shearwater as my primary so the fact the apple uses the same algorithm is appealing as a back up, otherwise I agree the geo air is better especially if you don’t use apple products.

He said it wasn’t his strong area and brought in a diver to discuss more at length . Seems reasonable.
Maybe he did in a separate video (obviously so he can more clicks).

However, he still directly contradicted himself within a few seconds here. Maybe you give people passes on bad content, but I don’t and prefer to get info on diving tech from people who actually know what they are taking about - which is clearly not this guy when it comes to dive computers.

Maybe he did in a separate video (obviously so he can more clicks).

However, he still directly contradicted himself within a few seconds here. Maybe you give people passes on bad content, but I don’t and prefer to get info on diving tech from people who actually know what they are taking about - which is clearly not this guy when it comes to dive computers.
is it any different then getting info on this board from random people?

is it any different then getting info on this board from random people?
It’s not if you actually do that: I don’t - I only pay attention to people here who have a record of knowing what they are talking about (and there are quite a few here that are great sources of info).

Me, you, @BoltSnap and @Joneill are about 40-50 yrs past their target audience. The Apple marketing folks won’t be losing any sleep over this. The two twenty-something whippersnappers at my local LDS and my 29 yr old daughter already ordered theirs.

Me, you, @BoltSnap and @Joneill are about 40-50 yrs past their target audience. The Apple marketing folks won’t be losing any sleep over this. The two twenty-something whippersnappers at my local LDS and my 29 yr old daughter already ordered theirs.
Lol - I’m actually closer closer to 30 years past their target audience :cool:.

I get this product being desirable if you want an all-in-one watch to wear daily and don’t mind it being a honker in size. But for those like me that don’t want a daily watch, there are much better choices for dedicated dive computers with proven track records.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom