Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adiverslife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Nestled below cliffs on Bonaire’s west coast, is one of the most epic coral gardens in the Caribbean – La Dania’s Leap. In this episode we tell you how it got its name from one of the premier diving pioneers Captain Don Stewart. We will take you to the remote dive spot from shore and on our boat, the Honey Bee II. We will take you both north and south from the mooring. We also take you there at night with our large 15,000 lumen lights. Filmed in HDR quality the colors will jump out at you on the screen. If you have ever dove this dive site in the past it is truly like seeing it for the first time. The colors at night are so bright and vibrant we are confident your mouth will drop and you will start looking to book your next dive trip. So, please sit back, relax, crack open a box of popcorn or bottle of wine and let us take you to that happy place for 20 minutes.

If you like A Diver's Life videos and would like to be notified when more videos are released please go to A Diver's Life and subscribe:

Thank you for sharing. I am a subscriber and follower of your YT channel and enjoy it very much.

I watch the video on HD, while drinking my diet Pepsi, noticed that the colors seem to be "off" sometimes and not the normal colors we see for different marine life. For example, the yellow patterns on the French Anglefish were not yellow in some scenes. Other scenes they were "too warm," more so than normal. This is very different from your usual videos. What have you changed?

Thank you for sharing. I am a subscriber and follower of your YT channel and enjoy it very much.

I watch the video on HD, while drinking my diet Pepsi, noticed that the colors seem to be "off" sometimes and not the normal colors we see for different marine life. For example, the yellow patterns on the French Anglefish were not yellow in some scenes. Other scenes they were "too warm," more so than normal. This is very different from your usual videos. What have you changed?
Good pick up. This is a video filmed in HDR. The color depth makes a big difference. You need the full colors. Typical HD colors are based on Rec.709 - a television standard released in 1990. We are watching the trends and the move to new HDR standard (in 2021) is happening very fast. Since the IPhone 12, all the new Iphones support it, as do the new Samsung phones. All 4K televisions sold today use the new HDR color set. Essentially, this moved you from 8 bit color to 10 bit color. We knew we would be taking a slight hit in releasing in HDR but we feel the new standard makes the user's experience so much better. If you really want to see something cool watch it on an OLED TV. Facebook continues to be a lagger here but YouTube support HDR color. So, if you have device capable of rendering it you you will be good. If you upload a video from a new Apple phone to Facbook it looks dreadful.

Another motivating factor for the move to HDR is our camera (Sony A7Siii) shoots BT.2100 which is an HDR color standard natively, To convert to Rec.709 we have to add a LUT and degrade the video a bit. To try and make this work we have to spend quite a long time editing the video.

Great work, as always Rich! Looks great on a 75” Sony X85J.

My favorite dive on the West side with Karpata.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom