Never been to Europe, considering Italy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about in Genoa? I’ll be passing there while driving. Once I’m on the cruise I’ll be doing the classic Italy stops, Rome, Naples, Florence etc.
Portofino is very close to Genoa, you will pass also there (the highway exit is Rapallo, which is the port from which most dive operator start for diving at Portofino).
Close to Genoa there are a couple of nice wrecks, I did dive on Pelagosa:

The Medes reserve near Barcelona and Cabo de Palos just where the Med starts seem to be pretty popular. Never been there though.
I've done Cabo De Palos. Lots of bigger grouper that you don't see elsewhere. There are also a couple decent wreck dives out of La Manga.

Right, Medes is really a good spot. Lots of beautiful corals, large school of huge groupers, ...

I've done Cabo De Palos. Lots of bigger grouper that you don't see elsewhere. There are also a couple decent wreck dives out of La Manga.

You do see also huge groupers in other places in Europe, such as some dive spots in the Azores.

Back
Top Bottom