Never been to Europe, considering Italy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jomcclain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve never been to Europe, am considering a trip to Italy. Of course we would want to do other things too, but the quality of the diving is essential. What is it like? For comparison purposes, I’ve been to Florida, Carribean locations, and wrecks of North and South Carolina.

Are you asking diving specific?

we just returned from a holiday in Sicily...no diving, just eating, drinking and site seeing....I love the north..Dolomites as well, and everything in between. My only suggestion is to not over due it by trying to see everything or too much.

Toreno, Milan, Florence, Rome will give you a nice flavor of Italy....don’t be afraid to eat off the beaten track...the food is literally to die for!

diving...cold and rocks...not much more to see...Italy is not a diving destination.

Enjoy.

Diving would be a major focus of the trip. If the diving is poor, we’ll go somewhere else. Is you experience of underwater Italy based on multiple locations? Am wondering if you could have just gone to a poor site.

I’m interested in diving Italy as well. I be will traveling to Rimini for work in June, 2020. I plan to get in a few days of local diving.

Maybe @Angelo Farina can comment.

No, since Italy is not a dive destination, I've never gone there with the internet to dive...we checked out a dive shop in Toaramina last November, but they advised there nothing really to see?

If you find a wreck that may be worth the dive, but there are no reefs.

Dive the Red Sea...

I fancy here Premier Diving Center in Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy - Portofino Divers watch out though, Portofino is supposed to be very expensive.

Consider Malta and Gozo. Also Corsica or Sardinia. Look for marine reserves as fishing ha s taken its toll for a very long time.

Or, if you want to do something proper go to Scapa Flow.
Since Scapa Flow is not Italy, are you implying that the diving around Italy isn’t great? What can you tell me about Malta, Gozo, Corsica, And Sardinia?

Back
Top Bottom